GP2X Caanoo Standard Pack Blue Μπλε, φορητή κονσόλα Open Source Linux εξομοιωτές (emulators) MAME, Atari ST, SNES, GBA, Amiga
The Caanoo isn't a direct competitor of handheld consoles like Nintendo DS or PSP, but an alternative open source device.
The GP2X Caanoo, branded as CAANOO, is an open-source, Linux-based handheld video game console and portable media player developed by theSouth Korean company GamePark Holdings. It was released on August 16, 2010 in South Korea, United States and Canada, and were also sold throughout Europe. It is the successor to the GP2X Wiz, and was showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010.
- SoC (System on a Chip): MagicEyes Pollux VR3520F
- CPU: ARM926EJ 533 MHz embedded on SoC (architecture version ARMv5TEJ)
- GPU: 3D hardware engine embedded on SoC (OpenGL ES 1.1 support)
- 3D performance: 133M Texel/s and 1,33M Polygon/s
- main RAM: 128 Mbytes DDR SDRAM 133 MHz (peak memory bandwidth: 533 Mbytes/s)
- video buffer: about 16 Mbytes of main RAM are reserved for the video/texture information
- Operating System: GNU/Linux based
- Flash memory: None (128 Mbytes reserved to the OS)
- Connection to PC: USB 2.0 High Speed through EXT Port
- USB Host: USB 1.1 standard socket
- Supports SD / SDHC memory cards (up to 32 Gigabytes)
- G-Sensor/Vibration Motor
- High precision analog stick
- Display: 3.5 inch LCD 320×240 pixel (resistive touchscreen)
- Stereo audio DAC: Wolfson Microelectronics WM1800
- Embedded Microphone and stereo Loudspeakers
- Power: Internal 1850mAh Lithium Polymer Battery (approx. 5/6 hours game/video playback)
- Dimensions : 146 (w) × 70 (h) × 18.5 (d) mm
- Weight : 136g
- WiFi via adapter (USB dongle – Purchased separately)
- Colors: Black/Blue, White
NB: the CPU embedded on Pollux has a good tolerance to overclocking (until 750 MHz the system shouldn't have problems, just a shorter battery autonomy.)
Not all CPU/SoC are created equal and these results are theoretical. Some may not be able to push much past stock frequency. Overclocking will vary between each Caanoo.
The Caanoo can run many emulators (e.g. GnGEO "SNK Neo Geo AES/MVS", Hu-Go "NEC PC-Engine", MAME4all "Arcade Coin-ops" and Picodrive "SEGA Master System / Megadrive / Mega CD / 32X"), freeware homebrew games/applications, flash games/applications (through an additional software), java games/applications (through an additional software) and commercial games/applications.
Note that Caanoo is not compatible with software built for previous GPH devices* (such as the GP2X Wiz). Nonetheless, many ports of popular games and emulators for the Caanoo already exist atOpenHandhelds, and more are on the way.
- The GP2X/Wiz applications need some changes on code to operate on Caanoo.
The Caanoo is a video player, an audio player and a photo viewer.
- Container files: AVI
- Video formats: DivX, XviD, MPEG4
- Audio formats: MP3, WAV
- Maximum Resolution: 640×480 pixel
- Maximum Frame Rate: 30 frame/s
- Maximum Video Bitrate: 2500kbit/s
- Maximum Audio Bitrate: 384kbit/s
- Captions: SMI
- Audio formats: MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV
- Channels: Stereo
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Power output: ?
- Sample Resolution/Rate: 16bit/8–48 kHz, in 8bit/22kHz
External TV output
The SoC Pollux embeds (besides to the primary LCD controller) an NTSC/PAL encoder with internal DAC to manage an external analog video signal (CVBS output: 720×480 or 720×576 pixel interlaced, respectively 60/50 Hz vertical sync and 15 kHz horizontal sync).
Easy Buy World Warranty:Το συγκεκριμένο προϊόν έχει εγγύηση για 24 μήνες. The warranty time of a product depends from vendor and model-type of product. We recommend to always check official vendor websites, to find better info regarding a product's warranty period.
Need help? Click here for a short demo